Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Tasty stew from Better Homes and Gardens.
Make and share this 1978 Bhg Reuben Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- In a saucepan, stir milk into the celery soup and shredded cheese. Add snipped sauerkraut; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spread the butter over both sides of the rye bread; sprinkle both sides with caraway seed.
- Cut bread slices into triangles; place on baking sheet.
- Toast in 300 degree ooven for 20 minute.
- Add diced corned beef to soup. heat about 10 minutes or till heated thorugh. Serve toast triangles with soup.
I thought this sounded wonderful, but my family was not sure. Made it for dinner and they have requested it 3 times since St Patties day. This is yummy.