Menu description: "our non-fat honey mustard dressing and nonfat cheddar/mozzarella blend give this blackened chicken salad the same great taste as our original and less then 5 grams of fat. Todd Wilbur- TSR
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons light butter
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Cajun Spice Blend
- 1⁄2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 8 cups chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat free mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1 hardboiled egg white, diced
- Make salad dressing by mixing ingredients in a small bowl by hand. Store in a covered container in the fridge until salad is ready.
- Combine water, lime juice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl and stir.
- Add the chicken to lime juice mixture. Cover bowl and keep in the fridge overnight or for at least a few hours.
- Combine spices for the spice blend in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle a teaspoon over one side of the chicken breasts, cover the entire surface with spice.
- Melt butter in a hot pan.
- sear chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes.
- While first side is cooking, sprinkle another teaspoon of spice blend over the top of each breast.
- Flip over and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Surface of the chicken should be charred and black.
- Finish chicken off on your grill or broiler by cooking both sides for 2-3 minutes or until done.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare salads by putting lettuce into two large bowls.
- Add cabbage and carrots.
- Mix the cheeses together and top the salads with the cheeses and half of hard-boiled egg.
- Sprinkle diced tomato on each salad.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch slices.
- Spread chicken over salad and serve with dressing on side.