1/2 Photos of Applebee's Low-Fat Blackened Chicken Salad
4 hrs 30 mins
Menu description: "our non-fat honey mustard dressing and nonfat cheddar/mozzarella blend give this blackened chicken salad the same great taste as our original and less then 5 grams of fat. Todd Wilbur- TSR
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Cajun Spice Blend
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Make salad dressing by mixing ingredients in a small bowl by hand. Store in a covered container in the fridge until salad is ready.
- 2Combine water, lime juice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl and stir.
- 3Add the chicken to lime juice mixture. Cover bowl and keep in the fridge overnight or for at least a few hours.
- 4Combine spices for the spice blend in a small bowl.
- 5Sprinkle a teaspoon over one side of the chicken breasts, cover the entire surface with spice.
- 6Melt butter in a hot pan.
- 7sear chicken breasts for 2-3 minutes.
- 8While first side is cooking, sprinkle another teaspoon of spice blend over the top of each breast.
- 9Flip over and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Surface of the chicken should be charred and black.
- 10Finish chicken off on your grill or broiler by cooking both sides for 2-3 minutes or until done.
- 11While chicken is cooking, prepare salads by putting lettuce into two large bowls.
- 12Add cabbage and carrots.
- 13Mix the cheeses together and top the salads with the cheeses and half of hard-boiled egg.
- 14Sprinkle diced tomato on each salad.
- 15Slice the chicken breasts into 1/2-inch slices.
- 16Spread chicken over salad and serve with dressing on side.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Applebee's Low-Fat Blackened Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (870 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.3
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 3901.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 50.8 g
- Protein 46.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat-free cheddar cheese