Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From the Lilac Inn, Brandon, Vermont
Make and share this Award-Winning Spicy BBQ Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Shell the shrimp, leaving the tails intact.
- Make a shallow cut lengthwise down the back of shrimp; wash out and de-vein.
- With rubber gloves, remove seeds from pepper and cut into 12 slivers.
- Make a shallow cut into the underside of each shrimp and insert a piece of pepper.
- Wrap each shrimp with a bacon strip.
- Thread 3 bacon/shrimp bundles onto each skewer, leaving a small space between bundles; baste with barbecue sauce.
- Grill uncovered over medium coals for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Turn, baste, and grill an additional 4 to 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp and shrimp has turned pink.
- Serve on lettuce-lined plates with onion and additional barbecue sauce.