Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
People really enjoy receiving this as a gift. It is the hint of almond in this recipe that makes me like it the best.
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (or use recipe below)
- 1 1⁄2 cups good Irish whiskey
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons Hershey's syrup (in the CAN)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee, dissolved in 4 tbls. warm water
Homemade sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 cups dry milk
- Homemade sweetened condensed milk: Combine ingredients and stir well.
- Mix all in a blender except cream and sweetened milk.
- Pour mixture in a covered container and add cream.
- Gently shake.
- Refrigerate over night.
- Keeps three weeks.
I made the sweetened condensed milk from this recipe and then made the recipe. It made the drink too sweet and even though I blended the milk for quite awhile, it was very grainy in the drink. I won't use the homemade condensed milk again. The taste of the drink is nice but needs some adjustments.