Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but it's a very rich soup. I like to add additional herbs - whatever strikes me at the moment, but I usually add some Italian seasoning and sometimes some spicy Mrs. Dash.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and saute the onion until clear and tender.
- Blend in the flour, then the corn kernels.
- Cook the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Pour in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook over medium heat until the corn is tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crab and parsley, cook an additional 5 minutes, then serve.
Although, for the most part I did follow the recipe, I didn't have fresh corn to use, so . . . Still, the resulting soup was wonderfully delicious, & in my book, corn & crab does wonders when fixing a comfort dish like this one! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]