I'm not sure where I found this recipe, but it's a very rich soup. I like to add additional herbs - whatever strikes me at the moment, but I usually add some Italian seasoning and sometimes some spicy Mrs. Dash.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and saute the onion until clear and tender.
- 2Blend in the flour, then the corn kernels.
- 3Cook the mixture for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 4Pour in the cream and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cook over medium heat until the corn is tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add the crab and parsley, cook an additional 5 minutes, then serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Brennan's Corn and Crab Soup
Serving Size: 1 (420 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 872.8
- Calories from Fat 670
- Total Fat 74.5 g
- Saturated Fat 45.3 g
- Cholesterol 302.8 mg
- Sodium 356.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 21.6 g