Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Very good Idaho potatoes from Brennan's in New Orleans. From copykat.com
Make and share this Brennan's Stuffed Baked Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large idaho potatoes
- 4 slices bacon, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper, freshly ground
- Scrub potatoes and bake 1 hour at 400ºF.
- Grill bacon pieces until crisp. Drain off bacon fat except 3 tablespoons. Add green onions and sauté slowly.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the inside into a skillet, taking care to retain shells intact. Add cheese, sour cream, and salt and pepper to potato, green onions and bacon, mixing and mashing to blend thoroughly. Return the skillet to low heat and heat through.
- Stuff mixture into potato skins. Drizzle with melted butter, and sprinkle with paprika. Bake 15 to 20 minutes at 350ºF.
Awesome!!! Used real bacon bit pieces but followed the recipe other than that. These were so creamy and flavorful!!! These are truly the best taters I've ever had! Thanks for sharing a winning recipe.
Hello from Portugal!!!! I made these lovely stuffed baked potatoes over the weekened, and they were a total hit with my family! Everyone wanteds seconds(good thing I made extras. lol..lol.) The only change I made was add in chopped chives as I didn't have any green onion at hand and about a tsp of chopped parsley, as I love parsley, it was perfect!!!! Thank you so much Lazyme for posting this fantastic receipe!!
Yummy stuffed potato!! I loved the addition of the bacon and the bacon drippings in place of butter!! I also enjoyed not having to get the mixer out and dirty!! I made 1/2 of the recipe for the two of us. The only thing I might change next time is to add more cheese, love cheese!!! I served this with Grilled Flank Steak and green beans for a delicious meal!! Thanks Lazyme for sharing this great recipe.