Yummy and Easy Recipe from Minneapolis St. Paul magazine Note: Using fresh beans and keeping them crisp during the prep are critical for this simple recipe to work
- Prepare the green beans by clipping off the stem end.
- Melt the butter in a sauté pan on low heat. Squeeze the juice out of two medium-size lemons. Strain the pulp and the seeds out of the lemon juice.
- When butter is melted, carefully add the lemon juice to the pan.
- Raise the temperature to medium and reduce until the lemon juice and butter become a sauce. Do not brown the butter.
- Place the clipped, fresh green beans in boiling water for two to three minutes. Do not overcook. The green beans should remain crisp.
- Strain the green beans and add to the sauce in the sauté pan. Toss the green beans in the sauce and season with salt to taste. Serve immediately.