Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
$8.20 Burger (converted into aussie dollars) It better be good.. was the comment by my brothers. i don't think they would pay $8 for a burger but they loved it....
- 1⁄2 lb ground beef (Angus beef is best)
- salt and pepper
- 1 large hamburger bun with sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 2 slices American cheese (cheap cheddar)
- 3 -4 slices bread and butter pickles
- iceberg lettuce
- 2 sliced tomatoes (large slices)
- 4 -5 red onion rings
- Preheat barbecue or indoor grill to medium heat.
- Form the ground beef into a patty with a slightly larger diameter than the sesame seed bun.
- Grill the burger on the grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side or until done.
- Be sure to generously salt and pepper each side of the patty.
- While the patty grills, brown the faces of the bun in a hot skillet over medium heat.
- After the buns have browned, spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of mayonnaise on the face of the top bun, as well as on the bottom bun.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of mustard on the face of the top bun, followed by 2 teaspoons of ketchup.
- Arrange 3 or 4 bread& butter pickles slices on the bottom bun.
- Arrange lettuce on pickles followed by the tomato slices and red onion.
- When the beef is cooked, arrange two slices of American cheese on the patty, let it melt a bit, then place the top bun on the cheese and scoop up the whole thing with a spatula and place it on the bottom half of the burger.
What makes the Six Dollar Burger cost $6 is the 1/2lb Angus beef patty... Without that, it's not the Six Dollar Burger, it's just an ordinary hamburger. ;) Of course, you can get a similar burger at Burger King with a Coke and fries for a few cents cheaper...
I haven't had a Carl Jr before but my husband and son have and they said this was very close to the real thing. They liked it. Thanks Dropbeat. Bullwinkle.