Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
We ate at Kings in the 60's I LOVED the Cheese Frenchy. from Wikipedia - Nancy Carol Elder
Make and share this Cheese Frenchy - Kings Food Host recipe from Food.com.
- 6 slices white bread
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn flakes
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- oil (for deep frying)
- Spread mayonnaise on bread, and use 2 slices of American Cheese each.
- Cut sandwiches into triangles, cut off crust.
- Combine egg, milk, flour and salt. Dip the triangle sandwiches into egg mixture.
- Coat with corn flake crumbs.
- Deep Fry in oil at 375 degrees until golden.
Made these for dinner tonight with tomato soup. Yummy. I substituted whole wheat bread, and half whole wheat flour, along with fat free milk and fat free cheese. I can't imagine they could taste any better.
Crunchy corn flake crusted deep fried sandwiches, oozing with cheese, yum! Used only 2/3 cup flour for the batter. Served with taco sauce.