I received an email today with this copycat recipe in it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/3 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 8 teaspoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground paprika
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 cup canned tomatillos, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed, drained (or small white beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 lbs cooked chicken breasts, diced
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- tortilla chips
- 1In 5-quart or larger pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onions and sauté along with bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- 3In another container, combine water, chicken base, lime juice, sugar, cornstarch and seasonings. Add to vegetable mixture. Add tomatillos and diced green chiles to pot; bring to boil.
- 4Add beans and chicken; simmer 10 minutes.
- 5Serve topped with cheese and sour cream if desired, with tortilla.
- 6chips on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chili's Southwest Chicken Chili
Serving Size: 1 (4342 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1355.0
- Calories from Fat 399
- Total Fat 44.4 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 877.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 107.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 35.4 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 131.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: