Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I received an email today with this copycat recipe in it.
Make and share this Chili's Southwest Chicken Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄3 cups green bell peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, seeded, diced
- 3 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 8 teaspoons chicken base
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons ground paprika
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1⁄2 cup canned tomatillos, crushed
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies, diced, drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans navy beans, rinsed, drained (or small white beans)
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 3 lbs cooked chicken breasts, diced
- cheese, shredded (optional)
- sour cream, for garnish (optional)
- tortilla chips
- In 5-quart or larger pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and sauté along with bell pepper, jalapeño and garlic. Cook until vegetables are tender.
- In another container, combine water, chicken base, lime juice, sugar, cornstarch and seasonings. Add to vegetable mixture. Add tomatillos and diced green chiles to pot; bring to boil.
- Add beans and chicken; simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with cheese and sour cream if desired, with tortilla.
- chips on the side.
This is a great chicken chili recipe. So much great flavor! I use fresh tomatillos and slightly less of all the spices. I also add frozen corn.