Prep 15 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a copycat recipe.
Make and share this Chili's Tortilla Crunch Chicken Fingers recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a large baking sheet with vegetable cooking spray.
- Combine dry onion soup mix, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper, cumin, and finely crushed tortilla chips; set aside. Beat together egg and water; set aside.
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness.
- Cut into 1/2-inch by 3-inch strips. Dip strips in egg then into tortilla chip/spice mixture, coating well.
- Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking dish; drizzle with butter.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 18 minutes, or until chicken is done and topping is golden and crispy.
Loved it! We love spicy food and this hit the nail on the head. Spicy enough to be delicious, but not so much that you can't taste your food. We didn't change a thing. Used 2 rather large boneless, skinless breasts and there was almost no topping left over (I didn't crush the tortillas to a powder though, I left them a little chunky). We served this with Corn Fritters by Evie* and a side salad. Delightful and filling dinner!
These ROCK. I added more cayenne and crushed red pepper because we love hot and spicy food. Our new favorite chicken tender recipe.
These were very good, my husband who really is`nt a chicken fan loved them. I never have good luck baking things like this, they never brown right, especially in the amount of time called for so I fried them in oil and butter. We dipped them in honey mustard, ketchup and even chinese mustard, I think if I`d had some ranch dressing that would have been great too.