Claudia Dawn's Note:
This recipe is from: http://www.topsecretrecipes.com. We don't have Carl Jr's around here but figured that they must be good if someone is trying to copycat them. I wasn't disappointed! Love the ranch dressing! I used a chicken fryer skillet rather than a deep fryer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices kraft swiss cheese
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- 6 -8 cups vegetable shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash garlic
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 1Preheat 6-8 cups of shortening in a deep fryer to 350 degrees or use a deep chicken fryer skillet adding 2” of shortening.
- 2To prepare the ranch dressing, combine all of the ingredients except the water and gelatin in small bowl.
- 3Mix the water with the gelatin in a small cup until all of the gelatin is dissolved.
- 4Add this gelatin solution to the other ingredients and stir.
- 5Cover and chill the dressing until it's needed (I like to prepare the day before so flavors blend).
- 6Beat the egg and then combine with 1 cup water in a small, shallow bowl.
- 8Combine the flour, salt, onion powder and garlic powder in another shallow bowl.
- 9Pound each of the breast fillets with a mallet until about 1/4-inch thick.
- 10Working with one fillet at a time, first coat each fillet with the flour, then dredge it in the egg and water mixture.
- 11Coat the chicken once again in the flour and set it aside until all of the fillets have been breaded.
- 12Fry the chicken fillets until light brown and crispy.
- 13As chicken is frying, prepare each sandwich by grilling the face of the hamburger buns on a hot skillet over medium heat.
- 14Spread about 1 1/2 teaspoons of the ranch dressing on the face of the top and bottom buns.
- 15On the bottom bun, stack a leaf of lettuce and a tomato slice.
- 16When the chicken is done frying, remove the fillets from the fryer and drain them on paper towels or a rack for a couple of minutes.
- 17Stack one fillet onto the bottom of the sandwich (onto the tomato), then stack a slice of the Swiss cheese onto the chicken.
- 18Arrange the bacon, crosswise, on top of the Swiss cheese, then top off the sandwich with the top bun.
- 19Repeat the stacking process for each of the remaining sandwiches.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat Carl Jr's Bacon Swiss Crispy Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3389.1
- Calories from Fat 3123
- Total Fat 347.0 g
- Saturated Fat 103.1 g
- Cholesterol 117.3 mg
- Sodium 2332.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 22.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken breast fillets