1/3 Photos of Copycat John Alden Rollwich
If you've ever been to Cape Cod, you've almost certainly either seen or eaten at one of the many Box Lunch franchises in the area. This is my recreation of one of their famous "Rollwiches", scaled down to fit my smaller appetite. Feel free to make this in a larger tortilla and increase the other ingredients if you desire. If you add some slices of swiss cheese, this becomes a Priscilla Alden!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 flour tortilla (soft taco size, about 7.5 inches)
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise or 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 1 1/2-2 tablespoons jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 ounces thinly sliced turkey (enough for a couple of thin layers)
- romaine lettuce (I also enjoy using baby spinach, although that's not true to the original)
- 3 slices tomatoes
- 1Spread the mayonnaise on the tortilla, making sure to leave at least 1/2 inch around the outside.
- 2Glop on a thin layer of cranberry sauce, but enough that it's fully covered. If you mash the cranberry sauce with a fork it seems to spread more easily.
- 3Add the turkey and a thin layer of lettuce (or spinach).
- 4Place the 3 tomato slices in a line down the center of the tortilla.
- 5Make sure you don't fill the tortilla too full or get too close to the edge, or it won't wrap properly!
- 6Carefully roll the tortilla into a wrap. Cut into two pieces, if desired.
- 7Dig in and enjoy a taste of New England!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat John Alden Rollwich
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 271.7
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 41.1 mg
- Sodium 307.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 14.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: