Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The secret is to let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight. Slice the meat as thin as you can for the right effect.
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 teaspoons light butter, spread
- 4 whole wheat hamburger buns, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- In a bowl combine all ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the chicken breasts and let sit overnight (or at least several hours).
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Remove chicken from marinade and onto a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- When cool enough to handle, slice as thin as you can with a knife or meat slicer.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- Put butter flavored spread onto inside of buns.
- Grill buns until lightly browned.
- To make sandwich, place 1/4 of chicken onto bottom of buns, spread mayonnaise onto tops.
- Spread lettuce on top of chicken then tomato slices and place top on the sandwich.
- Enjoy warm.