The secret is to let the chicken sit in the marinade overnight. Slice the meat as thin as you can for the right effect.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon savory
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1In a bowl combine all ingredients for the marinade.
- 2Add the chicken breasts and let sit overnight (or at least several hours).
- 3Preheat oven to 400F.
- 4Remove chicken from marinade and onto a foil lined baking sheet.
- 5Bake 20-25 minutes, or until fully cooked.
- 6When cool enough to handle, slice as thin as you can with a knife or meat slicer.
- 7Heat a frying pan over medium heat.
- 8Put butter flavored spread onto inside of buns.
- 9Grill buns until lightly browned.
- 10To make sandwich, place 1/4 of chicken onto bottom of buns, spread mayonnaise onto tops.
- 11Spread lettuce on top of chicken then tomato slices and place top on the sandwich.
- 12Enjoy warm.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Copycat of Arby's Light Roast Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (729 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.0
- Calories from Fat 161
- Total Fat 17.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 54.1 mg
- Sodium 646.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 19.9 g