Karen Anne Newton RN's Note:
Bisquick clone. This actually has less fat than Bisquick.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Use shortening that does not require refrigeration.
- 2In a bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- 3Cut in shortening till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 4Store in an airtight container for up to 6 weeks at room temperature, or for up to 6 months in the freezer.
- 5Makes about 12 cups.
- 6Use to make Easy Biscuits or Easy Muffins.
- 7Easy Biscuits: Place 1 cup of Easy Biscuit Mix in a bowl. Make a well in the center.
- 8Add 1/4 cup milk.
- 9Stir with a fork, just till dough clings together.
- 10On a lightly floured surface, knead dough gently for 10 to 12 strokes.
- 11Roll or pat to 1/2 inch thickness.
- 12Cut with a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, dipping cutter into flour between cuts.
- 13Place on a baking sheet.
- 14Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8-10 mminutes, or till golden.
- 15Makes 4.
- 16Easy Muffins: In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup of Easy Biscuit Mex, and 1-3 Tbl. sugar.
- 17Combine 1 beaten egg and 1/4 cup milk; add all at once to biscuit mixture.
- 18Stir just till moistened (mixture should be lumpy.).
- 19Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full.
- 20Bake at 400 degrees for 13-20 minutes, or till golden.
- 21Makes 6.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Easy Biscuit Mix (Bisquick Clone)
Serving Size: 1 (6 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 276
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 30.4
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g