Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
I got this recipe from Betty Crocker's winter meals magazine. Once I tasted it I couldn't get enough of it. It's quick and your kids will love it.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar thick & chunky salsa
- 2 cups uncooked pasta (4 oz.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- Cook beef in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until brown, drain.
- Stir in water, salsa, salt and pasta.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 15 min.
- ,stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
- Stir in sour cream, cook until just hot.
I love this recipe my very picky family all eats this I add corn and black beans and top with cheese...mmm mmmm
I made this for supper tonight, scaled down for two people, using rotini and plain salsa (not chunky). I also added half a batch of Taco Bell Taco Seasoning Clone/Copycat without the thickeners. When it was done, it wasn't quite creamy enough for my tastes; so I added one more spoonful of sour cream. I wouldn't exactly call it a stroganoff of any sort; but, whatever it is, it's good! (My only regret is not having any cheddar cheese in the house to top it with.) Thank you!
It tastes exactly how you would expect it to--like salsa, sour cream, and beef on pasta. I wouldn't call it stroganoff--it's more like noodle nachos. If it's this or Hamburger Helper, though, this is perfectly good stuff.