A copycat of the Filet O fish sandwich found at the golden arches. Introduced by a franchise in Ohio to sell due to the Catholic practice of not eating meat on Fridays.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, relish, minced onion, salt and set aside. This is your tartar sauce.
- Lightly grill the top of the bun.
- Cook the fish according to the package instructions. (You can bake.
- the fish, but your sandwich will taste much more like the original if you fry it in oil.).
- Spread tartar sauce evenly on the top bun.
- Place a slice of cheese on the bottom bun.
- Place the cooked fish on top of the cheese slice and top off the sandwich with the top bun.
I would also steam the buns for a few seconds before serving
This recipe looks great as I just love McDonald's fish sandwich! However for a more authentic taste: steam the buns, don't grill them.
I really enjoyed this copy-cat recipe! It tasted just like Mc Donald's fillet of fish sandwich...the sauce was just right. I didn't fry my fillet (as was suggested) as I just didn't want the extra fat, but it still tasted spot on. Thanks for sharing!