Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Barbecue-seasoned pinto beans topped with crisp bacon. From America's Most Wanted Recipes - Copycat Versions of Everyone's Best-Loved Food.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (with liquid)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons diced onions
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Pour the can of pinto beans into a casserole dish (with a lid).
- Dissolve the cornstarch in a small bowl with the 2 tablespoons of water. Add this solution to the beans and stir.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the dish, stir to combine and cover.
- Bake for 90 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Stir every 30 minutes. After removing the beans from the oven, let the beans cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving, topped with crumbled bacon.
Delicious! I haven't had Hard Rock Cafe's BBQ beans so I have nothing to compare these with, but we really thought these beans were quite yummy. These beans go together quickly using ingredients that I alway have on hand, and would make a wonderful side dish for some barbeque brisket or tri-tip. We really liked the crumbled bacon on top, too. Thank you for sharing this wonderful, easy recipe.
**Made for Bargain Basement Tag Game**