Use TVP or veggie chicken, where you would normally use chicken. Can be used as wings, nuggets, drumsticks, in casseroles, pies etc.
- In a saucepan, bring water, bouillon, sugar and seasonings to a boil. Add TVP and turn heat off. Let stand for 15 - 20 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- Saute soaked, drained TVP in a little oil until lightly browned. The TVP "Chicken" is now ready to be used in any dish in place of cooked chicken. Refrigerate unused portions. Can be frozen.
- Suggestions: Pot pies, gravies, soups, stews, pita bread sandwiches, a la kings, patties (mix with breadcrumbs), stir-fries, etc.
- NOTE: Large chunks of TVP do better simmered in the liquid, not just soaked. Simmer over low heat for 15 - 20 minutes. Liquid should be absorbed, and chunks should be tender. If chunks are not yet tender, add more water and bouillon.
- If you want to shape them, I would not drain, I just a little flour and shape.