1/3 Photos of Kat's Tvp Chicken
Use TVP or veggie chicken, where you would normally use chicken. Can be used as wings, nuggets, drumsticks, in casseroles, pies etc.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a saucepan, bring water, bouillon, sugar and seasonings to a boil. Add TVP and turn heat off. Let stand for 15 - 20 minutes. Drain any excess liquid.
- 2Saute soaked, drained TVP in a little oil until lightly browned. The TVP "Chicken" is now ready to be used in any dish in place of cooked chicken. Refrigerate unused portions. Can be frozen.
- 3Suggestions: Pot pies, gravies, soups, stews, pita bread sandwiches, a la kings, patties (mix with breadcrumbs), stir-fries, etc.
- 4NOTE: Large chunks of TVP do better simmered in the liquid, not just soaked. Simmer over low heat for 15 - 20 minutes. Liquid should be absorbed, and chunks should be tender. If chunks are not yet tender, add more water and bouillon.
- 5If you want to shape them, I would not drain, I just a little flour and shape.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kat's Tvp Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 11.4
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
textured vegetable protein
vegetarian chicken bouillon granules