2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 25 mins
This is a nice sophisticated Chicken Soup. Last time I served it to friends the entire pot of soup was consumed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2Combine the flour and baking powder.
- 3Beat the egg yolks on high speed until light, 3 minutes.
- 4Add the parsley, mushrooms, flour mixture, salt and pepper.
- 5Mix on medium speed for 1 minute.
- 6In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed until they're stiff but not dry, 2 minutes.
- 7Fold them into the yolk-mushroom mixture. Set the batter aside while you make the soup.
- 9Place the chicken, onions, carrots, celery, parsnip, parsley and salt and pepper to taste in a Dutch oven or large saucepan.
- 10Add enough water to cover the ingredients, about 10 cups, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- 11After 15 minutes, skim off the foam, reduce the heat and simmer 1 hour, skimming the soup occasionally as it simmers.
- 12Remove the chicken pieces and, when they're cool enough to handle, separate the meat from the bones and cut it into small pieces. Return the chicken to the pot and bring the soup back to a simmer.
- 13Drop the Mushroom Dumpling batter by the tablespoon into the soup. If it joins together let it cook, then sepearate with a spoon after.
- 14Cover the pot and simmer the soup until the dumplings rise to the surface, 10 minutes more.
- 15Serve the soup in warm bowls with a dumpling or two floating on top of each serving. Add seasoning to taste.
Browse Our Top Novelty Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Knott's Berry Farm Charleston Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (579 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 566.8
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.3 g
- Cholesterol 232.1 mg
- Sodium 387.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 45.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: