Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This a copycat recipe from Knottsberry Farm in California. Makes good next day sandwiches
Make and share this Knottsberry Farm Meatloaf recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb hot sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 eggs
- 1 package saltine crackers, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup mustard
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- Mix together ingredients from ground beef to worcestershire sauce.
- Shape into 2 small loaves or 1 big one.
- Mix together the ketchup-mustard-brownsugar- and pour on top of meatloaf.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
It was a tasty meatloaf. I thought the carrots were a nice addition. I used mild Italian sausage for the hot sausage and had to skim off the fat a few times as it cooked. The sauce was a bit too sweet for my taste. Next time I make it (and there definitely will be a next time} I think I will cut back a bit on the sugar and wait to put the sauce on the top until it is nearly cooked through and I have de-fatted the juices.
I only used 1/4 c. instead of 1/2 c. mustard in the topping. This is a delicious change for us!
Followed this to the letter--very easy & very Tasty. A pleasant change from ho-hum meatloaf. The zip from the hot sausage was a great addition & went well with the combo of flavors in the topping.