Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
This was created by using other Pace copycat recipes I found online, except the others didn't come out exactly like the store bought. This recipe makes it just like like the store bought, but much much better! You will never buy Pace again!
- 14 ounces petite cut tomatoes
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces water
- 3 fresh jalapeno peppers
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1⁄4 cup jalapeno juice (from bottled jalapenos) or 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a pot.
- Lower heat and simmer for about 30 minutes or until it is the desired thickness.
- (Salsa thickens when it cools.).
- Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator.
- (Suggestion: add 1/3 can of sweet yellow corn during cooking, it makes a great addition).
This is perfect! I have migrated to Australia 5 months ago and the salsa selection here is pitiful (as one might expect). I have been making this recipe non-stop since I found it and my transplanted USA family members and new Aussie friends love it. Thanks so much!!!
I love Pace and this is very good also. I had no jalapeno juice on hand so I used the white vinegar. It turned out having too much of a vinegar taste for my liking, next time I'll use the 1/4 cup jalapeno juice instead and I think all will be well. Thanks for the recipe!
Great recipe! I added a little bit more jalapeno juice, garlic powder and maybe a teaspoon of sugar. I'm going to add a few more peppers next time. So, so good. Thanks for posting.