1/2 Photos of Platte County Fair Kraut Burgers
Platte County in Missouri, USA is known for it's kraut burgers. Time and convenience have changed the way they serve them, but this is the old-fashioned way that everyone remembers from their childhood. With the exception of the seasoning, which is my touch. Even non-kraut lovers like these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 3 hamburger buns
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1Divide chuck into thirds.
- 2Then divide each third into half, and flatten them out into 6 patties.
- 3Place 1/3 cup sauerkraut on each of 3 patties.
- 4Top with the other 3 patties, being sure to seal well around the edges.
- 5Sprinkle with steak seasoning.
- 6Grill until done.
- 7Place each burger on a bun and top with mustard or your favorite topping.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Platte County Fair Kraut Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 369.3
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 98.2 mg
- Sodium 635.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 33.6 g