Sue Lau's Note:
This recipe is for Rise, who loves the chicken served at Applebees. I hope you like this just as well! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large portabella mushroom caps, stems removed
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, very finely diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 6 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1Trim fat and sinew from chicken breasts; pound to 1/2" thickness.
- 2Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in large saute pan; cook chicken breasts about 5-6 minutes per side, or until nicely browned and cooked through; set aside and keep warm.
- 3Slice mushrooms into pieces about 3/8" thick; have ready to saute.
- 4Add mushrooms and cook until mushrooms become tender, 5 minutes or so, adding a little more butter if necessary; add rosemary just as mushrooms are becoming done.
- 5Stir in dry sherry and cook for 30 seconds or so, stirring up any bits from bottom of pan; add the cream, half the parsley, the black pepper, and cook for 30- 45 seconds more, until warmed through.
- 6Note: this sauce has sliced mushrooms in it, but if you prefer a creamier sauce, simply use a hand blender and puree the sauce in the pan and strain if desired, or pour it carefully into a blender and do the same.
- 7To serve, place chicken on serving plate and spoon creamy rosemary sauce over chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Portabella Chicken With Creamy Rosemary Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (260 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.6
- Calories from Fat 324
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.7 g
- Cholesterol 162.6 mg
- Sodium 147.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 28.8 g