1/2 Photos of Schlotzsky's Bread
Copycat recipe found at allrecipes. I could go to Schloztky's and be happy with a bread sandwich - can't wait to try this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl stir together the warm water, sugar, and yeast. Stir to dissolve and set aside.
- 2In a large bowl dissolve baking soda with the 1 1/2 teaspoons warm water. Add the warm milk, salt, and one cup of the flour. Beat with a wire whisk until smooth. Beat in yeast mixture and remaining flour. Batter should be thick, sticky, and smooth.
- 3Prepare 2 pie pans with non-stick spray. Dust pans with cornmeal. Place 1/2 dough in each pie pan. Batter will spread during rising time. Spray top of dough with non-stick cooking spray. Cover and let rise for one hour.
- 4Repeat spraying of bread with non-stick cooking spray. Bake in a preheated 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- 5Allow to cool for an hour before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Schlotzsky's Bread
Serving Size: 1 (55 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 115.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.1 mg
- Sodium 132.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.6 g