1/1 Photo of Smoky Hawaiian Chicken Salad
1 hr 15 mins
I was obsessed with this chicken salad when it was served at Long John Silvers in the late '80s. It was eventually removed from the menu and massive cravings led me to develop my own formula and reproduce it at home. The smokehouse almonds are the secret ingredient. I have tried it with both mayonnaise and Miracle Whip but the Miracle Whip is much more authentic. Sweet, smoky and super tasty!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Toss the first five ingredients together until the almond chips coat all of the ingredients.
- 2Fold in the Miracle Whip and blend well.
- 3Chill for a minimum of an hour before serving in order to let the flavors develop (cooking time is actually chill time).
- 4Serve a large scoop on a bed of lettuce with buttery crackers.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Smoky Hawaiian Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (117 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 139.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 26.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
boneless chicken breasts