Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I use this in place of Sweetened Condensed Milk in my recipes. Less expensive than those little cans.Prep time icludes standing time. Makes one can.
- Stir together sugar and dry milk powder.
- Stir melted margarine into the hot water.
- Stir water mixture into the sugar mixture, in about three additions, stirring after each addition.
- If you stir the water mixture in all at once it can be difficult to get all the lumps out.
- Let stand about 10-15 minutes before using.
- It will thicken.
- Stir before using.
GREAT recipe! This is a true keeper. I actually use powdered buttermilk and have been very happy with the results of all my baking.
Came in handy for a cake recipe. I was worried about the taste of the powdered milk but none of the guests noticed! I will not buy those little cans ever again!
Seemed like a great substitute in my recipe. Much cheaper too and good since you typically have these ingredients on hand. thanks Mae!