1/1 Photo of Veggie Delightful Sandwich à La Subway
My sandwich of choice from Subway. This is my homegrown version with the addition of avocado! For the bread I used Honey Oatmeal Buns Subway Style by Uncle Bill and by special request Subway Sweet Onion Sauce (onion sauce) to top it all off. I don't make these as often as I should, but when I do, the sandwiches are served with fresh fruit in season and a small bag of multi-grain SunChips. Hubby and I always fight over the last SunChip! Note: omit the red onion slices if using the onion sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 hoagie rolls, sliced in half lengthwise
- mayonnaise or mustard, for spreading
- shredded romaine lettuce
- 2 slices swiss cheese (Tillamook of course) or 2 slices cheddar cheese (Tillamook of course)
- 6 slices green bell peppers
- 6 -8 slices cucumbers
- 4 slices red onions
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 1 medium tomato, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon pepperoncini pepper, slices (optional)
- 1If you wish, the bread can be warmed first.
- 2Spread mayonnaise or mustard on each slice of bread.
- 3Divide and arrange the ingredients equally on both slices.
- 4Garnish with the onion sauce.
- 5Place both bread slices together and cut in half crosswise.
- 6Prep does not include baking the bread if that is what you choose to do. All amounts are estimated.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Veggie Delightful Sandwich à La Subway
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.4
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 25.7 mg
- Sodium 445.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 15.4 g