So much cheaper than store bought. A delicately flavored oil usually used to infuse flavor on already cooked food. There are quite a few recipes on Zaar using Walnut Oil.
- 3⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1⁄3 cups vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drop walnuts into boiling water in small saucepan; boil 3 minutes; drain.
- Spread walnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking sheet.
- Bake 15 - 25 minutes or until golden brown; stirring once.
- Cool to lukewarm.
- Place warm nuts in a plastic bag and crush with mallet or rolling pin.
- In large jar, combine nuts with oil.
- When ready to use, strain walnuts from oil.