1/1 Photo of Walnut Oil
So much cheaper than store bought. A delicately flavored oil usually used to infuse flavor on already cooked food. There are quite a few recipes on Zaar using Walnut Oil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup walnut pieces
- 1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Drop walnuts into boiling water in small saucepan; boil 3 minutes; drain.
- 3Spread walnuts in a single layer on a shallow baking sheet.
- 4Bake 15 - 25 minutes or until golden brown; stirring once.
- 5Cool to lukewarm.
- 6Place warm nuts in a plastic bag and crush with mallet or rolling pin.
- 7In large jar, combine nuts with oil.
- 8When ready to use, strain walnuts from oil.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Walnut Oil
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.4
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.8 g